Chief Operating Officer (req3090)
|Job Number:|| req3090 |
|Job Title:|| Chief Operating Officer|
|Number of Openings: || 1|
|Job/Employment Type:|| FT|
|State/Province:|| New York|
|City:|| Niagara Falls|
|Job Category:|| Executive|
|Career Level:|| Executive|
|Level of Education:|| Bachelors (Four Year Degree) |
|Years of Experience:|| More than 10 years|
As a key member of the senior management team, the COO reports directly to the President/CEO and is responsible for the efficiency of the business including driving revenue, profitability and company growth. The COO assists in developing and implementing the strategic plan of the company in collaboration with the CEO, and Senior Management Team and with the appropriate approvals of the Board of Directors. The COO develops and executes daily operations and management strategies, and establishes policies that promote company culture and vision through its operations. The COO is tasked with facilitating strategic planning and initiatives, change management, financial objectives, and cultural changes aligned with SGC’s overall business objectives. The COO will ensure that the company delivers an outstanding service that is client focused and efficient at all times. The COO provides leadership and success in establishing a company culture that provides excellent customer service in a respectful and supportive environment that enables Team Members to succeed and reflects the mission, vision, and values of the Seneca Gaming Corporation. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the Seneca Gaming Corporation’s policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
- Must be 18 years of age or older upon employment.
- Must have a relevant four (4) year college degree from an accredited college or university. Post graduate business, finance or legal degree preferred.
- Requires a broad knowledge of casino gaming/hotel operations, with a minimum of ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of previous casino gaming and hotel executive management experience, which shall include General Manager experience for a hotel/casino resort facility at least comparable in size and complexity to Seneca Niagara.
- Requires previous experience working with Human Resources and Information Technology.
- Requires excellent communication, organizational, management, analytical, career development, budgeting and resource development and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
- Requires strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with casino expansions and openings and business acquisitions preferred.
- Individual must be a result and goal oriented professional.
- Understanding of the casino internal controls and requirements of the Seneca Nation Compact with the State of New York required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to substantiate a safe driving record within the parameters acceptable to our liability insurance carrier.
- Ability to concisely define issues and to draw conclusions and action plans providing effective solutions.
- Must have strong performance management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate fairness in all decisions.
- Possess ability to instill pride and personal responsibility to employees.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Must be proficient in planning, organizing and coordinating activities and resources.
Language Skills and Reasoning Ability:
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase to loud. Must be able to work in an environment where smoking is permitted.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.